Make A Donation
Daniel K Inouye International Airport, HI
Last Updated on Jan 12 2018, 3:53 pm HST
Current Conditions: A Few Clouds
Wind: SW at 8mph
Heat Index: 82°F
- 01/10/18 – Community Input Sought On Planning for Ka‘iwa Ridge Trail (Lanaikai Pillbox Trail) Master Plan January 10, 2018
- 01/05/18 – Hawai‘i Supreme Court Decision Stops West Hawai‘i Fishing Permits Pending An Environmental Review January 5, 2018
- 01/03/18 – Rapid Assessment Team Deploys to Lehua After Two Rodents Detected; Species & Origins Of Animals Caught On Camera Unknown January 3, 2018
- 01/02/18 – Additional Closures For Diamond Head State Monument Summit Trail Repair Work – Start January 3 – 19, 2018 January 3, 2018
- 01/01/18 – New Year Greeted With A Hike, Sunrise And Entertainment January 1, 2018
- 12/30/17 – Humpback Whale Carcass Removed From Kaneohe Bay Reef; Hawaiian Protocols Observed Prior to Post-Mortem Examination December 31, 2017
- 12/29/17 – Whale Carcass On Reef At Marine Corps Base Hawai‘i To Be Removed; Possible Regrounding of Carcass From Haleiwa December 30, 2017
- Double Delphi by Peter Mantle December 14, 2017
- Postal Problems and Difficulties with the Duchess of Cambridge December 8, 2017
- Salmologic Review: At last some common sense in fly fishing! December 4, 2017
- The Tug is The Drug by Chris Santella November 27, 2017
- Trout Fishing Saved at Chew for Another Year November 27, 2017
- June 2015
- August 2013
- April 2012
- January 2012
- October 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- September 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
A Prep for the Upcoming Weekend.
Okay, okay, I got lazy this week and combined the Thursday (Ho’omakaukau – Get Ready) and Friday (Pau Hana – Finished Work) together into one post. But this post is filled with information for the avid island angler.
I’ve been lucky enough to have HawaiiTides.com Daily Tide Predictions on the blog and along with Weatherbug’s forecasts contribute to a one-stop reminder before heading out to the “ka nahele or forest”. See right sidebar for Hawai’i & O’ahu forecasts.
If you need tide information for a specific location, just visit their site and click on their “locations” link. Don’t forget to bookmark their site (as well as this one) and if you find them useful, kokua them and make a donation.
Ahi (Yellowfin Tuna)
Ahi Palaha (Albacore)
Hapu’upu’u (Sea Bass)
Uku (Grey Snapper)
Hahalalu (Baby Scad or ‘Akule)
Info courtesy of Hawaii Fishing News
I found these tips through the Field & Stream Magazine. If you like their tips, make sure you subscribe to their newsletter or pick up a subscription for $10/yr. Now that’s cheap and I’ve learned a ton of stuff from the magazine over the years. Not just for fishing but for practical stuff like survival skills on the ocean and in the wilderness. I’ve added some “artful” descriptions and sorted out the fishing-specific ones, so I hope it helps. I particularly like the idea of the golf club gaff. Hmmmm. . .:
Monofilament Floss Dispenser Holder
Flytying Thread Taggle Avoider
Organize Hooks with Safety Pins
Avoid Flyline Memory
Golf Club Gaff
Fishing Spool Koozie
Letter Opener Braided Line Slicer
Chum Bomb Slinger
Fillet Knife Bobber
No fishing tournaments this weekend.
Weekend forecast looks like scattered showers with periods of sun.
See right sidebar for Weatherbug’s latest forecast!
Everyone have a safe weekend and don’t forget to share your fishing photos!!
Please take my poll and see what type of Hawaiian fish most people are interested in Hawai’i. It’ll be a great start to what I can focus on this new blog for fishing. I’m open to all fish whether freshwater or saltwater but let me know if its not on the poll list.