Happy Valentine’s & President’s Day Weekend! Yup, looks like this weekend is shaping up to be a great one! For those lovebirds and hopeless romantics like me, the very best to all. Make sure to spend some time with that special someone this weekend. Otherwise you’ll find yourself in the “dog house” for the rest of the year. LOL!
Here’s my Top Ten gift suggestions that might help you stay “pono” (straight, righteous) this weekend:
1) Order flowers whether down Maunakea St., your nearest florist, or online. A good online vendor and uses prompt Fedex delivery (even on Valentine’s Day) is ProFlowers. You can also call them at 1-800-580-2913.
2) Make a fishing gift basket with all his/her favorite lures, flies, hooks, lines, electronic gadget, etc.
3) Subscription to Hawaii Fishing News or a fishing magazine like Flyfishing in Saltwater.
4) Send an electronic Valentine’s Day card via my favorite web sites at Hallmark, eGreetings, eCards or American Greetings. Most have free ecards or paid ecards that can be further personalized.
5) Get an electronic gadget like an Apple iPhone (or iPad or iPod Touch), Google/Android phone, waterproof digital camera or fishing gadget (GPS device, fish finder, etc.) .
6) Specialized fishing pole like an ulua pole, fly rod or spinning rod coupled with a reel would do wonders for your favorite fishing person. Visit your local fishing/outdoor store.
7) Fishing videos from C4 Video Productions that produces a “Shorefishing Hawaii” series or get a good fishing book collection like Fishing Hawaii Style by Jim Rizzuto. These can also be found at your local fishing/outdoor store.
8) Setup a fly fishing trip for ‘o’io (bonefish) or ulua (giant trevally) with my Reef Rippas Guide Service. *I know shameless plug! But gotta mke money somehow! LOL!
9) If you can afford it, get a fishing boat from any number of boat dealers that can cater to his/her tastes.
10) Setup a fishing trip to the neighbor islands by flying Hawaiian Airlines and staying at an Outrigger Hotel.
BONUS: Get ‘um a pair of Maui Jim polarized sunglasses!
Hope that helps!
In any case, enjoy your weekend and don’t forget to spend your time wisely!
**I am not endorsed or sponsored by any of the aforementioned products. Although it would be nice, maybe, one day.